FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018
STARTS AT 5:00PM
700 S. RAILROAD AVE, LOVELAND
What is the SJE COLOR FUN RUN?
The spring fundraiser is the second largest annual fundraising event for St. John the Evangelist Catholic School, and this year it will take the form of a “Color Fun Run”. This event aims to promote healthy and active lifestyles, as well as family togetherness and community cohesion while raising money for a great cause. Students, teachers, families, parishioners, and community members will gather for a fun run or walk at a local park. As they run the course, participants have the option to be sprayed with colorful paints, making for a great, messy time! At the end of the course, all runners gather for a celebratory toss of brightly colored festival powders. After the run, attendees can enjoy games, contests, dinner, and treats as they mingle and enjoy community and school fellowship.
Register to participate in the fun. Get involved by helping at Mass or by moving flamingo flocks. Sponsor a student or make a donation. Nominate someone to receive a yard flamingo flock.
PACKET PICK-UP & SIGN-IN
- Packet pickup/check-in will be Thursday, May 17th from 1:30-3:30 at the south entrance of Saint John's School, 1730 West 12th St. Please make every attempt to check in this day to avoid lines and delays on Friday. Non-school family participants are urged to arrive before 3 pm to avoid the rush of school dismissal.
- Payment and signed waivers must be received in order to check in.
- "RACE" DAY: Check-in will start at 4:30 pm on Friday, May 18th at Fairgrounds Park (700 S. Railroad Avenue, 80537) for those who have not yet collected their packets. The fun run will start at 5:15 pm.
- Food/Treats: On Race Day, each participating group/family will also need to collect their meal card and/or Kona tickets from the check-in table at their leisure during the event. Be sure to collect and redeem your Kona Ice tickets before Kona's scheduled departure at 7 pm!
DONATE TO give our students and teachers the tools they need!
The proceeds from this year’s Color Fun Run will provide for a school security system, technological needs, scholarships, and other important needs. Whether you choose to donate $25 or $500 or more, you will be making a positive impact on the lives of our students and faculty.
- Sponsor a Student: If you would like to sponsor a student or family, please click the "Donate/Sponsor" button below and enter your payment information.
- Make a Note: When you donate, please type in the "note" section which family you are sponsoring and a prayer intention, if any.
- Business and corporate sponsorships: Scroll down to see how your organization can be part of the color fun run!
- Donate: Contributions are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your prayers and support!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much is registration?
$16 per person, with post-run Runza meals available for an additional $5 each (pre-orders only).
All amounts paid in connection with event registration, meal orders, or donations are non-refundable.
what does the registration fee include?
Registrants will receive a run packet with:
- sponsor swag
- Bottled water
- Voucher for Kona Ice Cone
- personal color packets are also included and will be handed out at the event!
Will there be food and other things to do?
YES! In addition to great fellowship and the awesome color fun run, there will be:
- Runza Food Truck
- Fun games for all ages
- Photo booth
- Selfie stations
- Sponsor booths
- Great music
What’s the distance of the Color FUN Run?
One lap of the course is 2 km, or approximately 1.2 miles. Entrants can choose to do one lap, two laps, or more! The course is arranged so that 3 laps equals just over 5k. The run is “untimed”, though a digital timer may be present for those interested in their personal performance.
Why is there a registration fee?
The cost structure used by prior spring fundraisers is not feasible for larger events with greater sponsorship and outside participation, such as the SJE Color Fun Run. The registration fee was set to be as reasonable as possible while still covering per-participant costs, and student scholarship registrations are available. In contrast, an upcoming “corporate” 5K color run is charging $65 per entrant.
HOW MANY COLOR STATIONS ARE THERE?
There will be 4 color stations along the course, so if you run 2 laps, you will get sprayed 8 times (or until the color runs out). Registration also includes a color packet that participants can throw in the air at the air at the end of the course for even more color!
Will the color stain my clothes?
The color is 1) “washable” liquid watercolors and 2) “washable” colored cornstarch. While we hope the “washable” claims from the color manufacturers are reliable, and we will provide T-shirts to registrants, please wear items that won’t be ruined if the color does not entirely wash out. Perhaps also bring a clean change of clothes for the car ride home.
Is the color safe for skin?
Absolutely! It is non-toxic (and biodegradable!), and we’ll provide sunglasses for eye protection as well.
What is the "flocking" thing all about?
Help support our spring event with a special promotion called “Flocking”! Flocking will promote our event by sending two separate flocks of yard flamingos to yards around town with an accompanying sign advertising the SJE Color Fun Run. You can get in on the fun by surprising a friend or neighbor with a flamingo flock (or two!) in their front yard! Each flock will migrate nightly between April 26th through May 17th and can be reserved for a minimum $20 donation. Higher donations will get higher priority for special date requests or if we receive more nominations than we can accommodate.
Nominate someone to receive a flamingo flock. Register to participate in the fun. Get involved by helping at Mass or by moving flamingo flocks. Sponsor a student or make a donation.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
If you are interested in making a positive impact on the education of our community’s children, and on the future of Catholic education in particular, consider a corporate sponsorship of this event.
To learn about the sponsorship levels available and the promotional value to your business of a financial partnership with us, please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship packages and info. Our sponsors are vital partners and we strive to promote them accordingly!