There are a variety of financial aid programs available such as grants, scholarships, and discounts. These programs help make private school education more affordable. It never hurts to ask and we are more than happy to discuss the options available to you. Contact us today to get started!
Total Cost to Educate a Student
The total cost to educate a student at St. John's school is significantly higher than the tuition rate.
We are blessed by the continued support of Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Parish and its financial contributions that make Catholic Education an affordable option for those seeking a Christ-centered education for their children. Last school year, St. John the Evangelist Catholic Parish contributed $300,000 to the financial support of the school. It is important to note that the tuition rates do not reflect the actual amount it costs to educate a child at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School. Actual cost per pupil last school year was $6,800. Income from tuition and registration only covers 50% of the school’s expenses. We rely on St. John the Evangelist parish’s support, fundraisers and donations to cover the gap between tuition income and normal operating expenses. It is expected that each family will make every effort to support the fundraisers that are held throughout the year, and contribute in whatever way they can to reduce the gap between income and expenses.
St. John the Evangelist school funds the education of our students through a variety of means:
- Tuition – Tuition rates are set annually.
- St. John the Evangelist Parish – The home parish makes a significant financial contribution to the school each year.
- Parish Subsidy – If you belong to a Catholic Parish without a school, and you are a participating member of that parish, the school will receive a subsidy for each registered child in your family.
- St. John the Evangelist Annual Benefit and Golf Tournament
- Registration Fees – A nonrefundable registration/book fee is due at the time of submission of the tuition contract.
- Grants – We apply to various foundations and the archdiocese.
- Saint John the Evangelist Endowment Fund
Tuition: Rates for Registered and Contributing Parishioners of an Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Parish
The tuition and fee schedule is set by the Pastor and Principal in conjunction with the School Advisory Council annually. Families who are active in and contributing to any Catholic Parish in the Archdiocese of Denver are eligible for the affiliated rate of tuition. “Registered and contributing” is defined as those who are registered members, attend Mass faithfully, support the life of their parish and use an identifiable means of tracking contributions.
Each family is required to return a Parish Affiliation Form annually to the school. The 2018-2019 school year forms must be signed by your parish priest and returned to St. John’s School. Unaffiliated rates will be applied until the verification form is returned and no forms will be accepted after September 1, 2018.